DATE: 31/ 12
IDA LIKELY TO BE INCREASED BY 3.2%
ACCORDING TO CONSUMER PRICE INDEX (IW), THE IDA WILL BE ENHANCED TO 138.8% FROM 135.6% WITH EFFECT FROM 1.1.2019.
DATE: 27/ 12
NEW YEAR CELEBRATION / EXECUTIVE MEETING
OUR PENSIONERS ASSOCIATION NEW YEAR CUM EXECUTIVE MEETING WILL BE HELD ON 5.1.2019 (SATURDAY) AT 16.00 HRS AT HOTEL KANCHI, ETHIRAJ SALAI, EGMORE , CHENNAI.
ALL ARE CORDIALLY REQUESTED TO ATTEND THE MEETING
DATE: 27/ 12
SAMPANN - COMPREHENSIVE PENSION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Hon’ble Prime Minster to dedicate “ SAMPANN – (System for Accounting and Management of Pension) to the nation on 29th December, 2018.
An initiative under Department of Telecommunications(DoT), and developed by the ControllerGeneral of Communication Accounts(CGCA), the Comprehensive Pension Management System orSAMPANN is an integrated Pension application for telecom pensioners. This will provide an integratedapproach with online facilities to its pensioners to make pension management more convenient.
DATE: 17/ 12
PENSIONERS DAY 17.12.2018
On 17.12.1982, the Supreme Court of India pronounced its landmark judgement in D S
Nakara vs. GOI case. A Bench of SCI headed by the then Chief Justice Y V Chandrachud, J.D
A Desai, J. O Chinnappa Reddy, J. V D Tulzapurkar and J. Bahrul Islam gave the classic
judgement which is relevant even today. The judgement tells a lot beyond the particular
issue,because Late Shri H D Shourie raised many basic issues concerning pension in their
The Judgement said:
1) Pension is neither a bounty nor a grace
2) Pension is not an ex gratia payment
3) Pension is a social welfare measure
4) It creates a vested right subject to 1972 rules which is statutory in character
5) A pension scheme must enable the pensioner live from want and with decency and self respect…
EFFECT OF THE CASE:
a) Till then there was no pension revision in central services. From 1986 onwards the pension
revision came into effect.
b) While Sri Rajiv Gandhi was the prime minister (1984-89) a new Ministry of Personnel was
created to take care of pensioners.
c) A new Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare was created
d) Standing Committing of Voluntary Agencies was introduced to discuss the pension related issues
of central service staff. Now SCOVA is not effective.
e) Pension Adalat was introduced.
f) Administrative Tribunals were started to quickly hear and dispose the cases of central govt
employees and pensioners, though it failed in recent time.
g) Fifth CPC gave ‘complete parity’ and ‘modified parity’ in pension fixation.
h) Sixth CPC and Seventh CPC also granted parity to the old pensioners.
Let us remember these while observing Pensioners Day on 17-12-2018. Let us pay our homage
to late Shri D S Nakara and late Shri H D
Shourie and also to the eminent Judges.
DATE: 14/ 12
BSNL INCURRED LOSS OF RS.7992 IN 2017-18
DATE: 4/ 12
DETAILS OF TALKS BETWEEN AUAB AND THE HON MOSC HELD ON 3.12.2018
1) On 4G spectrum, Cabinet approval will be taken at the earliest. The Cabinet memo is already circulated and Addtl Secretary, DoT is asked to interact with other Ministries to clarify their doubts. Once reply received from other Ministries, it will be placed before the Cabinet, in the next meeting itself.
2) It is accepted to delink the pension revision from pay revision and affordability clause and process separately.
3) On Pension Contribution, a positive recommendation is being sent to Dept of Expenditure.
4) On 3rd PRC for the employees, some more issues are to be sorted out between DoT and BSNL. In the present form, Union Cabinet may not approve it, Minister and Secretary are doubtful.
DATE: 3/ 12
AUAB MEETING TODAY (3.12.2018) UNANIMOUSLY DECIDED TO DEFER THE STRIKE TILL FURTHER INTIMATION.
DATE: 2/ 12
THE PROPOSED INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM 03.12.2018 IS DEFERRED.
ALL EXECUTIVES AND NON-EXECUTIVES OF BSNL HAVE DEFERRED THEIR INDEFINITE STRIKE.
THE STRIKE IS DEFERRED TO 10.12.2018 AFTER THE TALKS BETWEEN THE AUAB AND THE SECRETARY TELECOM ON 02.12.2018. AS PER EXECUTIVE ASSN WEB SITE EVENTHOUGH IMPROVEMENTS ARE THERE IN THE ISSUES OF 4G SPECTRUM, PENSION REVISION AND PENSION CONTRIBUTION, DEADLOCK EXISTS IN THE ISSUE OF 3RD PAY REVISION. WITH A VIEW TO ENSURE A DISCUSSION WITH THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF STATE (IC) OF THE MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS ON THIS ISSUE, THE AUAB DECIDES TO DEFER THE STRIKE FOR ONE WEEK. IF FRUITFUL OUTCOME DOES NOT COME IN THE MEETING WITH THE HON. MOS(C), THE STRIKE WILL START FROM 10.12.2018